About McAfee India:
McAfee, Inc., (NYSE: MFE) headquartered in Santa Clara, California and the global leader in Intrusion Prevention and Security Risk Management, delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world. With its unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee empowers home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers with the ability to block attacks, prevent disruptions, and continuously track and improve their security. Please visit www.mcafee.com to know more.
McAfee India Center (MIC) based out of Bangalore, is a key McAfee hub with strategic import and global outlook. MIC offers exciting career opportunities for bright talent interested in developing and supporting pioneering security products and solutions around the world.
Application Support Engineer will be member of IT Global Operations Center (GOC) team reporting to Manager- Global Operations Center. GOC is a team within McAfees Global IT Operations
Main roles of Global Operations Center are:
• To ensure maximum service availability and performance 24/7/365
• To ensure committed business services availability and performance through effective Monitoring, Event Management, Incident Management, and Performance Management.
• To provide Support Services to various teams throughout McAfee within and outside of IT operations.
• To drive improvements in operational efficiency, reduce outages, and reduce MTTR using all resources at our disposal.
These result in diverse range of duties for Support Engineers. GOC staff will monitor, maintain and remediate critical business services, applications, Databases and IT Infrastructure including servers, Networks, Storage and VMware infrastructure. GOC staff will be working very closely with IT Service desk and various Technical Management teams in delivering the services. As such, GOC staff is expected to have all-round understanding of systems, networks and applications. Attention to details, ability to multi-task and work prioritization is also key skills in this environment. This team will provide 24/7 support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide up to Level 3 technical support for Enterprise Applications (CRM, Web Portal, Middleware) Oracle Fusion and Web Logic preferred
• Provide up to an advance level (Level 3) maintenance and remediation for Enterprise Applications (CRM, Web Portal, Middleware) Oracle Fusion and Weblogic preferred
• Work closely with application development support teams globally to ensure rapid service restoration
• Maintain accountability for an issue until service restored using ITIL best practice of Event, Incident & Problem management
• Improve the future resolution of issues by writing Knowledge Articles and training colleagues
• Root cause analysis (RCA)- analyze application and system log files to determine the cause of issue
• Logically work through problems to determine their cause and how they can be resolved
• Give an accurate daily handover of all ongoing and major occurrences in your shift to your colleagues in Bangalore
• Manage the day to day monitoring configuration for application using HP / BMC monitoring and management tool.
• Reporting Generate various technical and management reports using reporting capabilities of monitoring tools.
• Be a process and technical leader on Major Incident, Sev 1, and business impacting events and incident technical bridges.
• 2 -7 years of overall IT experience, specifically with Enterprise Application management and monitoring in large NOC/SOC environment
• Must have 3 -5 years experience working specifically in an Level 1, Level 2, and/or Level 3 capacity
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent
• HP enterprise monitoring tool experience in HP Operations Manager, HP Business Service Manager, RUM/EUM/BPM.
• Application performance management tool experience
• Experience in Scripting in UNIX and Windows to drive automation in monitoring and management
• Hands-on experience in supporting at least one multi-tier highly integrated Enterprise Applications Siebel, SAP, Oracle CRM, Oracle Business intelligence in Linux and MS Windows environments
• Strong conceptual knowledge of each tier of applications Application, Middleware, Database.
• Experience crossing boundaries in application development, support, and all aspects of infrastructure to improve operations and MTTR of incidents.
• Strong working knowledge of ITIL processes, especially event management, incident management. ITIL v3 Foundation certification would be plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, tasks prioritization, work independently with minimal supervision in a 7x24 environment.
• Understanding of Virtualization (VMWare vCenter, vSphere)
• Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2 Server support and troubleshooting or administrative and troubleshooting knowledge of Red Hat Linux & CentOS.
• Proven track record showing skills including: IT Operations, Organizational, Communication (both verbal and written), Business Acumen, Positive Attitude, Awareness, Creativity, Initiative, Energy, Attention to Detail, Pride, and Commitment / Ownership
Education: UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Computers/PG - Any Postgraduate.
We Are Now Also Recruiting:
Experience: 2 - 7 Years
Industry: IT-Software/Software Services/Product Based Company
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role: Software Developer
Keyskills: Troubleshooting, Application Operations, Middleware, CRM, Application Management